Sovonex™ traveling blocks are the preferred choice for most of our drilling rigs, including fast-moving rigs, and truck-mounted rigs (mobile drilling and service rigs) due to their rigid design and durability.
Straightforward maintenance is another benefit of our traveling blocks: Each part is easily accessible, and both sheaves and bearings can be interchanged freely with those from Sovonex™ crown blocks.
Constant evaluation of customer feedback and field data has made it possible to improve the design of our traveling blocks even further.
Traveling Block Design Benefits
- Designed to API Spec 8C
- Each sheave machined from an integral steel alloy cast for enhanced strength.
- Clevis forged from one piece steel alloy body
- Individual lubrication passage to each bearing for easy maintenance
- Induction hardened sheave grooves provide superior wear resistance
- Sheaves and bearings interchangeable with those of Sovonex™ crown blocks.
Sovonex™ traveling blocks and hooks are also available as hook block combinations. These are shorter in size and therefore an ideal option where mast space is limited.